About Dr. Marty
Dr. Marty Tashman, combines compassion, insight, and specialized training with over 30 years of experience. He is often referred to by his clients as “Dr. Marty” because of his informal but professional style.
Dr. Marty’s Background
Professional Degrees Graduated
Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology) Union Institute (1990)
M.S.W. (Social Work) – Rutgers (1974)
M.S. (Counseling) -Long Island University (1969)
Licenses and Certificates
New Jersey Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor (LMFT)
New Jersey Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Board Certified Diplomat – Social Work (DCSW)
Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW)
Professional Back Ground and Training
He believes that the therapist should be flexible and have treatment that fits each client to their specific needs. As a result, he has studied and uses a wide variety of therapeutic approaches which are listed below.
- Short Term counseling
- In-Depth Long Term Therapy
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques),
- TFT (Thought Field Therapy)
- Energy Psychology
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprogramming)
- Couples’ Counseling
- Rational Emotive Therapy,
- Family Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy,
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Master Practitioner).
Areas of Expertise:
- Addiction (Alcohol, Drugs, Gambling, Pornography, & Sexual Addictions)
- Bi Polar Disorder
- Anger Management
- Couples/Marital Counseling
- Child /Adolescent Therapy
I would like to end my biography on a personal note and that is, that helping people to improve their quality of life is important to me both professionally and personally. It is very rewarding for me to be a part of people’s healing process and see how happy they can actually be.
Look forward to hearing from you,